The mission of the Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County is to grow, diversify and sustain the economy of Sarasota County while enhancing our unique natural and cultural environment. We are a small team dedicated to collaborating with our stakeholders and each other to identify and successfully grow the vibrant business community in Sarasota County.
The EDC is looking for an experienced Office Coordinator to provide coordination and administrative support to two department heads and provide logistical support for the organization. The ideal candidate must be flexible, able to multitask and be willing to pitch in wherever needed. The Office Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to support the Business Development Team and Director of Investor Relations in all their administrative and office needs. The Coordinator is responsible for assisting with customer service, administrative functions, meeting scheduling and support, data entry and standardized reporting; in addition to vendor and contracts management and assisting with coordination of accounts payable, receivable and related organizational expense reporting that is performed by a 3rd party accounting firm.
- Provide calendar support, schedule meetings, and manage the meetings calendar
- Support the planning, logistics and invitations for events, project meetings and community tours
- Serve as the first point of contact for the EDC functions, greeting visitors, guests and providing first-class customer service
- Respond to emails and community inquiries professionally and promptly
- Maintain data entry in SalesForce for site selection consultants, lead sources, project meetings, stakeholders, investors, and meetings
- Vendor and contract management; assist with monthly expense reporting, accounts payable and receivable which is performed by a 3rd party accounting firm.
- Create invoices and collect payments
- May be asked to perform additional financial support and administrative duties
- Associate’s Degree in business management or operations, accounting, information systems or marketing, or equivalent certificate program or professional experience to perform the job duties and responsibilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills that cultivate strong partnerships
- Excellent attention to detail, able to multitask, prioritize duties and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), and professional presentation
- Collaborative/teamwork, and a “no task is too small” attitude
- Can work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in computer hardware and software including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Salesforce or similar CRM/ERP program
- Microsoft Outlook Mail & Calendar
- Microsoft Teams Meetings
- 2+ years of professional experience supporting a team or department or equivalent role is preferred
- Understands how to organize virtual meetings including sending out meeting links, setting up in-office cameras, and logging in timely for a seamless meeting experience
- Administrative excellence: understands administrative processes and systems and balances multiple priorities while maintaining accuracy
- Office automation: understands office automation and drives related process improvement using tools, technology and operational efficiencies
- Takes initiative, works independently and as a small team
- Diplomatic, pleasant, patient, professional
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and flexibility
- May require occasional evening and early morning activities
- The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 30 lbs.