We are delighted that you are considering making an investment in Sarasota County through your support of the Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County (EDC). Investment in the EDC ensures your active engagement in creating a vibrant business community where companies grow, create new jobs, increase the local tax base, and expand the local economy which is vital to the community’s long-term economic health and advances economic mobility for all residents.
WHO WE ARE
The EDC is a public-private partnership comprised of dedicated business leaders, local governmental officials, nonprofit, philanthropic, and business organizations to promote county-wide economic development. The EDC is the designated economic development partner for Sarasota County including the cities of North Port, Venice, and Sarasota, and the Town of Longboat Key. The EDC is committed to providing leadership that helps businesses thrive and grow in Sarasota County.
The EDC is the only organization focused solely on growing and diversifying the economy of Sarasota County. With investment from over 100 organizations, the EDC leads initiatives to enhance the region’s competitiveness, promotes entrepreneurism, small business growth, and fosters the talent attraction pipeline for Sarasota County and the Region. We govern ourselves with transparency and communicate results to our investors, EDC Board of Directors, and the community. We regularly distribute newsletters, CEO videos, project pipeline dashboard, and quarterly and yearly reports.
WHAT WE DO
The EDC works to help companies establish, expand, and flourish; creating new jobs, contributing to the economy and the tax base, and reducing vulnerability to external shocks that can undermine our community’s long-term economic health. The EDC targets business locations and expansions that complement the local community, while leveraging strategic community partnerships that increase the public return on investment.
Since 2019, the EDC has leveraged resources to drive over $100 million in capital investment, $15 million in local tax benefit and over $87 million in new yearly payroll. Investing in the EDC ensures that Sarasota County has an expert professional team focused on year-round results in economic development.
CUSTOMIZED BUSINESS CONCIERGE SERVICES
- Acting as a government liaison to business by connecting to and navigating county and city governments on site assessments, permitting, and government processes and services
- Providing economic and community data/ inside information to support business decisions including economic activity, industry information, policy trends, demographics, and quality of life indicators
- Creating connection to financial institutions and assistance with tax reductions
- Offering concierge services to business and film industry
- Responding to state and national RFPs
- One-stop-shop, confidential project support
- Workforce attraction marketing campaigns
- Entrepreneurial ecosystem growth
- Special events that foster economic growth
- Making introductions to community partners and providing connections to colleges, technical schools, and workforce collaboratives; recruitment tools and marketing
YOU HELP SHAPE THE REGION’S FUTURE
The multi-level private investor program of the EDC provides a variety of benefits. You have an opportunity to join a proven and successful public-private partnership, positioning your company among the leaders of Sarasota County. To build the high-quality capacity needed to help new businesses start and existing businesses flourish, a strong private sector commitment is essential.
Chair Advisors are Sarasota County’s leading business executives and thought leaders. They provide strategic leadership and counsel to the Board of Directors through active involvement in the community’s economic development efforts.
Visionary Level Benefits plus:
- Opportunity to Underwrite EDC Project or Study
- Invitation to Address Board of Directors at Board Meetings
- First Opportunity to be a Sponsor of Signature Events
- $5,000 Sponsorship Credit for EDC Signature Events
- Additional Guest at Chair Advisor Events
Growth Level Benefits plus:
- $3,000 Sponsorship Credit for EDC Signature Events
- Company Logo displayed on Community Video Campaign
- Opportunity to host Chair Advisor Events and Investor Briefings
Engagement Level Benefits plus:
- $2,500 Sponsorship Credit for EDC Signature Events
- Company Logo and Link on EDC Website Chair Advisor Banner
- Invitation to Chair Advisor Events
- Preferred Seating at EDC Events
- Significant Recognition at EDC Events
EDC Investors serve as ambassadors for economic development and engage in all EDC events and programs. Through investment in the organization, they provide resources and support to the economic development activities of the region. Investors are invited to the EDC’s annual events, signature community events, investor-only events and are encouraged to serve on Board committees, working groups, and task forces.
Ambassador Level Benefits plus:
- Opportunity to Participate in the Investor Marketing Campaign
- Social Media Business Profile Posts
Patron Level Benefits plus:
- Advanced Opportunity to Sponsor EDC Events
- Ability to Participate in EDC Committees and Task Force Activities
- Invitation to Investor-Only Events
- Company Name & Link on EDC Website Investor Page