Located in Southwest Florida, Sarasota County offers abundant transportation and logistics options—by air, sea or land. And we’re continuing to make investments to help people and products move freely and quickly.
Connecting Sarasota businesses to the world by air, sea and land
Our location in Southwest Florida opens up a world of opportunities for moving people and products across the globe. With an international airport directly in Sarasota County and key markets within driving distance, the County is a prime location to base operations.
Drive Time to Selected Markets
On the I-75 corridor, Sarasota County is situated within driving distance to some of the largest markets in the Southeast region.
Start Here, Go Anywhere
Five airports within two hours can get you wherever you need to go in the world, whether it’s a quick flight to Atlanta or an international flight to Asia.
Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)
- DISTANCE: 7.6 miles / 16 minutes
- AIRLINES: Air Canada, Allegiant, American Airlines, Breeze, Avelo, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Sun Country, United Airlines
- FEATURED DESTINATIONS: Atlanta, Charlotte, New York, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Newark, Detroit
Tampa International Airport (TIA)
- DISTANCE: 56 miles / 52 minutes
- AIRLINES: American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Southwest Airways, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, +17 others
- FEATURED DESTINATIONS: New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Miami, London, Frankfurt
St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
- DISTANCE: 48 miles / 48 minutes
- AIRLINES: Allegiant Air, Sun Country Airlines, Sunwing Airlines
- FEATURED DESTINATIONS: Cleveland, Asheville, Chicago, Greensboro, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Raleigh/Durham, Halifax
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- DISTANCE: 88.9 miles / 77 minutes
- AIRLINES: American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airways, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, WestJet, +9 others
- FEATURED DESTINATIONS: New York, Washington, Atlanta, Boston, Toronto, Munich, Chicago, Philadelphia
Punta Gorda Airport (PGD)
- DISTANCE: 55.2 miles / 50 minutes
- AIRLINES: Allegiant, Frontier
- FEATURED DESTINATIONS: Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Lexington, Trenton, Niagara Falls, Pittsburgh
Ship Products By Sea
Just under 25 miles from the center of Sarasota County is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing deepwater seaports, Port Manatee. Located at the entrance to Tampa Bay, the Port is regarded as the closest U.S. deepwater seaport to the Panama Canal—providing quick access to Pacific Rim markets.
Do you need more options? Don’t worry, Florida has many port options.
Ready to Start?
Learn more about what we can do to assist you navigate doing business in Sarasota County.
Invest in Sarasota County
The EDC of Sarasota County diversifies our local economy and helps create jobs for Floridians. Investing in the EDC empowers us to grow our economy and attract more business to our region.
Dear Sarasota County EDC Board Members, Investors, Community Partners, and Friends, We hope you...
Sarasota County Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates reminds all business owners that the 2022-2023...
Governor Ron DeSantis announced major expansion of Florida’s Commercial Drivers...