Together We Can Change the World
35 Mules is an innovation hub powered by Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) that helps entrepreneurs bring their bold, game-changing ideas to life faster, smarter and at scale.
What does the program include?
- Access to leading subject-matter experts across the company.
- Leadership coaching from FPL and NextEra Energy Fortune 200 executives.
- Tailored business curriculum, customer discovery and more.
- A non-dilutive cash grant of $100,000.
- Dedicated, rent-free workspace with access to world-class facilities on
campus for 12 to 18 months.
What kind of startups are you looking for?
Innovative, technology-driven companies cross-industry and in all phases of building a business. We value diversity of ideas, so if you are unsure that yours will meet the mark, apply anyway!
Where will I work?
You’ll work from the FPL and NextEra Energy campus in Juno Beach, Florida, which is 90 minutes north of Miami (and three minutes from the beach).
That all sounds great, but what’s behind the name?
In 1925, an unlikely patchwork of enterprises was acquired to form FPL, the precursor to NextEra Energy. They included an ice plant, a sponge fishing boat and exactly 35 mules. Today, NextEra Energy is a world leader in clean energy. It’s how we know first-hand that a small company built around a great idea can change the world.
How can I stay updated on 35 Mules?
Follow us on LinkedIn @35 Mules and subscribe to our newsletter at 35Mules.com for updates to our application process and more.