3660 N Washington Blvd Sarasota Florida 34234 United States
Through Apprentice Florida, we help businesses find the best solution to build a work-ready, custom-trained team, by utilizing an existing apprenticeship program or creating their own. The best part is establishing a program in Florida can take less than 30 days.
Apprenticeships are a proven training method benefitting both job seekers and businesses. They are gaining momentum as a cost-effective alternative or addition to the college track. The flexibility for an employer to design an apprenticeship program offers a consistent way to recruit, train and retain talent that can be easily blended into current talent development strategies.
Through mentorship and technical instruction, job seekers receive on-the-job training to learn necessary skills while earning a paycheck. The average starting hourly wage for an apprentice is $15.00. The average starting annual salary for a fully proficient worker who completes an apprenticeship is $60,000.
Employers train and retain talent to their own standards. Unlike traditional postsecondary education programs, which are designed to prepare students for any number of career pathways, apprenticeships are designed by and for the employer with a specialized focus on the unique needs of a specific job.
Today, apprenticeships are expanding across both traditional and nontraditional industries into more than 1,200 occupations, including careers in information technology, advanced manufacturing, healthcare, construction, hospitality and trade and logistics. Prepare for tomorrow by introducing new skills and valuable experience in the workplace through: • Establishing apprenticeship programs
• State Registered Apprentice program experience
• Meeting skills demands in high-growth industries
• Research-backed insights into business opportunities
• Emphasis on expanding into nontraditional industries
•Federal grant-funded program partner sponsorship
• Business toolkit – overview/checklist (10 pages) of what businesses need to establish an apprenticeship program.
• Apprenticeship – one pager – general information on whether an apprenticeship is right for their business.
• Start an Apprenticeship – general information on the core components, types of program designs and common models of apprenticeships.