1750 17th St building L Sarasota Florida 34234 United States
The Early Learning Coalition prepares children for lifelong success through quality early learning. Every child develops a strong foundation of learning in a community dedicated to ensuring all families have the necessary support to thrive and all children reach their full potential.
The Early Learning Coalition provides administration and oversight of the local, integrated system of early education for preschool age children in Sarasota County, ensuring quality childcare and early learning programs, family access to services, and positive outcomes for young children, ages 0-5. The ELC serves over 4000 children and assists 170 providers annually.
• Child Care Connection: The Early Learning Coalition staff can assist any family, regardless of income, with locating child care, finding an opening and receive a wealth of information about quality child care in our community. That service is called CCRR (Child Care Resource and Referral) or often referred to as Child Care Connection services.
• Financial Scholarships: Child care financial assistance is available to income-eligible families. Submit an application via the online Family Portal on our website – familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/Account/Login.
• VPK: Florida’s FREE Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten program offers high quality early learning opportunities for all eligible 4-year-olds.
• Look For The Stars: The 5-star rating system of local child care providers. Accurate and reliable information to help parents identify sites that offer high-quality care – lookforthestars.org.
• Early Literacy: Providing parents with resources, tools and activities to build their children’s early literacy skills and foster a love of reading – growingmindsread.org.