- RT @usfsbdc: Thanks @JoeGruters for meeting with us today and for supporting #SmallBiz in @SRQCountyGov @edcsarasota and @ManateeGov! ht… EDC Sarasota County 1 days ago
- The EDC's 14th Annual Economic Outlook will be May 5. Keynote Speaker Sean Snaith, PhD, director at UCF. https://t.co/yCVZNrR5uA EDC Sarasota County 4 days ago
- RT @MHartline: #comelivehere #Sarasota #Bradenton #worldsbestbeaches https://t.co/YsbNwWVD2S EDC Sarasota County 6 days ago
2017 Business Tax Climate Index
The Tax Foundation's 2017 State Business Tax Climate Index is designed to show how well states structure their tax systems. Florida ranks #4 best state for overall tax climate in the U.S. To see a map ranking all states or to view the full report, please click on the appropriate link.
Move Your Business Here
Sarasota County, Florida
We hear it all the time from executives and entrepreneurs: “I came to Sarasota County on vacation and didn’t want to leave – so I moved my business here.”
Sarasota County offers many of the attributes necessary for success in the global economy: superior schools, significant research and education facilities, high educational attainment and a regional workforce of more than 350,000. A modern infrastructure and moderate taxes contribute to the low cost of doing business here. What’s more, the community is increasingly recognized as a leader in innovative environmental management and sustainable living.In today’s technology environment, you can work from almost anywhere. Why not work where you really want to live?
Reasons to Move to Sarasota
- No Personal Income Tax
- Progressive Attitude Toward Business
- Educated, Skilled Workforce
- Friendly Regulatory Environment
Grow Your Business Here
The Economic Development Corpration of Sarasota County is committed to growing our base of existing industries. In order to do so we have put several tools in place to help your business expand.
|Ad Valorem Tax Exemption||Sarasota County Economic Development Grants|
Assistance with real estate options and permitting
Start Your Business Here
Since its formation in the 1800s, Sarasota County has been a destination for entrepreneurs. From the Scots who founded America’s first golf course and a destination hotel for tourism in Sarasota, to the Potter-Palmers and Ringlings, local history and the community landscape bear the lasting imprints of entrepreneurial fervor.