Monday, November 30th is the deadline for the 4% discount for property tax payments. Tax Collector offices are only open for customers with an appointment, so taxpayers should plan ahead to take advantage of the 4% discount. Due to COVID-19, the November 30th property tax drive-thru service will have some changes. That service, from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, is available for payment by check only and receipts can be printed online from your home computer. Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates noted, “Customers should arrive with their tax bill and check already written to be placed in the drive-thru drop box.”
To receive the 4% discount, this year’s payment options include:
- Online – www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com by 11:59 pm EST Monday, November 30th; payment by eCheck has no fee. A paid receipt can be printed immediately.
- Mail – envelope postmarked by Monday, November 30th, sent to 101 S. Washington Blvd., Sarasota FL 34236, with check payable to Sarasota County Tax Collector.
- Drive Thru – November 30th from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Downtown Sarasota at the Terrace Building, 101 S. Washington Blvd.
- Mid-County Office, in the drive-thru lane, 6100 Sawyer Loop Rd.
- Venice at the Anderson Administration Building, 4000 S. Tamiami Trl.
- Drop Box – checks only must be deposited by 5:00 pm, November 30th, in a 24-hour drop box
- Downtown Sarasota at the Terrace Building entrance on Adams Ln.
- Mid-County at the main entrance
- Venice at the main entrance of the Administration Building (facing U.S. 41)
- North Port City Hall in the utility payment drive-thru bypass lane
About the Sarasota County Tax Collector’s Office
Sarasota County Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates has four offices located throughout Sarasota County. The Tax Collector’s Office handles property, tourist, and business taxes; motor vehicle, vessel, and manufactured home titles and registration; drivers’ licenses; disabled parking permits; and hunting & fishing licenses. For more information about the Sarasota County Tax Collector, visit www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com. “Like” and “follow” the Tax Collector on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SarasotaTaxCollector.
For additional information, contact Rana Moye or Barbara Ford-Coates at 941.861.8430