301 N Cattlemen Rd Sarasota Florida 34232 United States
MISSION We make Sarasota County a better place by promoting our community on the World stage. Vision: Creating a vibrant Sarasota County through tourism.
DESCRIPTION Visit Sarasota County leads and supports the tourism industry in Sarasota County by providing the highest quality, and most innovative, marketing programs and promotions to ensure the continued growth of tourism and travel from visitors around the world. Visit Sarasota County is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program, a program of the Destination Management Association International (DMAI). VSC meets the highest standards of professionalism, leadership, fiscal management, and ethical principles.
SARASOTA VISITORS INFORMATION CENTERS
• VSC operates three official Sarasota Visitors Information Centers and a Visitor Information Vehicle.
• VSC has one of the most powerful and effective tourism media programs in the State–managing VisitSarasota.com; placing media strategically; or assisting more than 100 travel writers and other VIP’s annually from various media outlets, including print and online. Annually, the VSC is responsible for generating hundreds of millions of media impressions. We work closely with the Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County on branding and advertising needs to attract both businesses and workforce. Through this partnership the Work Where You Want To Live campaign was developed and implemented.
• VSC produces the only “Official Sarasota County Visitors & Relocation Guide”. distributed to over hundreds of thousands of potential visitors annually.
• Visit Sarasota County hosts exclusive networking opportunities for the tourism industry through Hospitality Connections and education.
• Our Sales team is our “boots on the ground” department that connects those who can book group business to our industry, such as hotels, that can host. From meetings, incentive trips and leisure group business such as weddings or reunions – our Sales team actively recruits a variety of groups to ensure our hotel rooms stay full week days; weekends and year round. We work closely with the Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County to attract group business that can aid in business recruitment efforts.
SARASOTA COUNTY SPORTS EFFORTS
• The primary focus of the Sports Department is to generate new visitors through sports events, often referred to as “sports tourism.” We work with both event right holders, and coaches to bring both sporting events and training opportunities to our community