MISSION Powered by an ethos of collaboration, the Florida High Tech Corridor aligns opportunities and resources across academia, industry and economic development to unleash the region’s “expotential.”
DESCRIPTION Established in 1996, The Corridor is a nonprofit economic development partnership of the University of Central Florida (UCF), the University of South Florida (USF) and the University of Florida (UF). More than an initiative or facilitator, it’s a force multiplier. The Corridor
converges and catalyzes the capacity of high tech, innovation and bright minds to generate a ripple effect that advances the lives of people in the communities it serves throughout a 23-county region and beyond.
• Matching Grants Research Program: By matching industry investments in collaborative research projects with UCF and USF, The Corridor provides a cost-effective way for industry partners to access the expertise of renowned researchers, build relationships with students who may someday become employees, and conduct problem-centered research and development with the opportunity to solve society’s most difficult challenges.
• Community Grants: The Corridor invests critical seed funds and catalytic grants to
help partners start and scale projects that revolutionize the way we make and use technology, train next-generation STEM professionals and celebrate innovators whose technologies are positively transforming our world.
• SBIR Facilitation: Partnering with universities and entrepreneurial support organizations, The Corridor is enhancing the inclusivity and participation of women and minority owned high-tech businesses pursuing Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) funds. The team identifies and builds awareness for funding opportunities, connects applicants to mentors, streamlines commercialization pathways and advises on proposal preparation.
• stemCONNECT: Through stemCONNECT, The Corridor offers a free resource for educators that connects their students virtually with high-tech industry professionals, exposing them to STEM
career opportunities across diverse industries in Florida.
• Cenfluence: Demonstrating The Corridor’s partnership capabilities, Cenfluence is a collaborative effort with Orange County Government to support industry diversification with an internationally recognized industry clustering framework. Cluster Member companies benefit from targeted business services, including collaborative R&D guidance, innovation partnerships, ecosystem navigation, international alliances and more