To improve the productivity and technological performance of the manufacturing sector in Sarasota and Manatee Counties through Advocacy, Networking, and Resources.
Founded in 1971, SAMA is raising the standard of living, and improving quality of life in Sarasota and Manatee counties through the advancement of manufacturing. Members include manufacturers, and local education and workforce organizations. SAMA is part of the FloridaMakes Network, which provides business advisory services and resource solutions designed to help manufacturers improve their productivity and technological performance.
SAMA-the number one resource for manufacturers in Sarasota and Manatee Counties for 50 years, helping members through:
• Representing manufacturers on the state and local legislative issues that impact our region’s businesses and bottom line.
• Building a collective understanding of manufacturing and its importance in the community.
• Working closely with colleges and universities to create training programs that will prepare graduates for careers in manufacturing.
• Apprenticeship Programs.
• Manufacturing Pipeline (Florida Advanced Technological Education (FLATE).
• Discussing “best practices” with other manufacturers.
• Offering educational events with expert-driven content.
• Organizing plant tours of local manufacturers.
• Partnering with FloridaMakes to offer free business assessments and evaluations for SAMA members.
• Providing discounted rates on FloridaMakes third-party services.
• Creating customized training tools.
SUPPLY CHAIN OPTIMIZATION
• Utilizing the Connex Florida platform, helping Florida manufacturers better connect with each other, be discovered, and increase business opportunities.
CYBERSECURITY EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS