5800 Bay Shore Rd Sarasota Florida 34243 United States
MISSION As Florida’s residential public honors college, New College of Florida prepares intellectually curious students for lives of great achievement.
DESCRIPTION With a focus on transferable soft skill development in addition to cutting edge technical skills, New College students are fearless learners who embrace new challenges, critically analyze problems to develop innovative solutions, and persist to achieve goals. The Princeton Review named New College one of its 50 Colleges that Create Futures. The New College of Florida’s Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity provides employers customized just-in-time recruitment consultation and services to source talented students needed to meet workforce needs including part-time, internship, and full-time roles.
SERVICES/PROGRAMS ACADEMIC PROGRAMS Undergraduate programs:
• Natural Sciences including Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Marine Biology, Environmental Studies, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
• Social Sciences including Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, History, and Anthropology.
• Humanities including Chinese, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Art, Art History, English, Music, Philosophy, Classics, International Studies, and Religion.
• Data Science
Through the Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity, New College offers a variety of free or low-fee services to assist employers with connecting with students:
• Personalized Recruitment Consultation including developing job descriptions, recruiting strategies, interfacing with faculty and academic programs, communicating an employment brand, and developing an internship program.
• Job Postings and Applicant Tracking at joinhandshake.com.
• Career Fairs and Networking Events.
• Information Tabling and Presentations.
• Campus Interviewing.