To provide strategies, resources and support to second-stage companies for next level growth.
GrowFL is dedicated to support and accelerate the growth of second-stage companies throughout Florida, by providing their leaders focused, efficient, and timely access to resources they deem important, such as connections with other second-stage company leaders, and to professional organizations whose expertise, experience, and products lead to the second-stage company’s continued growth and prosperity resulting in diversification and growth of Florida’s economy. Second-stage growth companies have at least 10 employees and a $1 million in revenue and possess an intent and desire to grow beyond second-stage.
As the leader of a growing company, you face unique challenges and GrowFL’s Business Growth Programs are specifically designed to help you address those challenges. Through the Business Growth Program, GrowFL provides access to resources, analysts and tools typically only available and affordable to Fortune 500 Companies. Participate in one or all of the three programs at your own pace. Grants are available through the EDC of Sarasota County.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
• Specifically designed for CEOs, Presidents and business owners of second-stage growth companies
• For-profit, privately-held company headquartered in Florida
• Generate annual revenue or working capital between $750,000 and $100 million
• Employ between 6 and 150 full-time employees
• Provide products or services beyond the local area to regional, national or global markets
• Have an intent and desire to grow your company beyond second-stage
PeerSpectives is a unique CEO roundtable methodology designed especially for leaders of growing companies. A structured format ensures balanced group discussion facilitated by a professional facilitators with an emphasis on sharing experiences. Participants come from diverse, non-competing industries. PeerSpectives provides a confidential environment for discussing sensitive issues. PeerSpectives participants tell us that they have gotten new ideas on everything from marketing strategy and financial issues to dealing with difficult personnel problems. What’s more, the PeerSpectives also spark accountability and strong bonds among members.
• Confidentially address issues important to business owners by business owners.
• Collaborate in proven, productive problem-solving sessions.
• Customized feedback from trained facilitators and experts.
• Build your network of successful business, potential partners and local resources.
STRATEGIC RESEARCH, MARKETING AND SALES EXPANSION
• Virtual access to a team of highly skilled research specialists who will assess your company to identify specific issues and provide action-oriented information.
• Time commitment — 8-12 hours spread over approximately two months. As well, once the program is complete, a 30, 60 and 90-day check-in call to review how implementation is going.
• Focus areas — HR (recruiting and retention as well as compliance), operations and supply chain, accounting and finance, global trade, sales and marketing, succession planning, secondary market research, online marketing and customer prospecting.
• Logistics — The program kicks off with a call between the CEO and a SIG team leader to clarify your company’s greatest needs. Next, you talk with SIG specialists to dive deeper into those pain points.
• Specialists then prepare their deliverable and schedule follow-up calls to walk you through those materials. Finally, the team leader conducts a debriefing call before wrapping up the engagement.
FLORIDA COMPANIES TO WATCH
• A unique way to recognize and honor second-stage companies that demonstrate high performance in the marketplace with innovative strategies and processes, making them “worth watching.”
• An awards program that companies from across the state and all industries may participate in. Selection is based on steady growth in employee counts and revenue as well as strength in leadership, corporate culture, community support and philanthropy, innovation in management or technology, or other factors that contribute to an outstanding organization.
TAMPA BAY REGIONAL CHAPTER
• An exclusive network of second-stage business owners who share the same entrepreneurial spirit, tenacity, and challenges as you do.
• Each chapter is led by CEO’s who are in tune with what is important to you.
• Gain new business knowledge, resources and best practices from advisors and members.
• Ability to participate in programs and events across the state.
• Discover new perspectives and proven techniques that support business growth.
• Access opportunities to improve personal and professional leadership skills.
• Discounted registration for select GrowFL events.