To recruit, train, and retain talent for employers on the Suncoast.
CareerSource Suncoast is a private, non-profit corporation with a Board of Directors, consisting of private business, economic development and education representatives, community and state agencies, and elected officials. Members of the board represent the diversity of businesses, organizations and trades that operate in Manatee and Sarasota counties. Our primary focus is to help businesses grow by providing workforce solutions for talent recruitment and development, and helping job seekers and workers manage their careers.
CareerSource Suncoast offers a variety of no-fee and for-fee services to assist employers in recruiting, training, and retaining the workforce they need for the 21st Century.
• Job Postings at www.employflorida.com
• Job Seeker Referrals
• Labor Market Information
• Onsite Hiring Events
• Drug and Background Testing
• Discounted Job Advertisements
• Job Fairs
• Connections to all local colleges and schools.
• HR and Benefits Services.
• Workforce Training Resources.
• State of Jobs Conference.
• Skills Assessments.
• Employed Worker Training Grants, reimbursing costs for existing employees to get new credentials or certificates.
• On the Job Training (OJT) Grant is designed for employers to hire and provide occupational training to someone who might not be hired otherwise due to lack of skills or experience. Workers trained by a company are traditionally more likely to remain on a job, reducing future training costs. OJT can be done in conjunction with classroom training at local educational institutions. Employers can receive up to half of wages paid to workers while they are in a pre-approved OJT program.
• Registered Apprenticeship Sponsor provides the opportunity to custom train a ready workforce to better prepare for future needs and growth. Apprentices earn while they learn, gaining skills that enhance your bottom line. CareerSource Suncoast helps employers navigate the process of launching a successful new apprenticeship program or connect with an existing one. Assisting you with recruitment and screening of candidates and may be able to contribute funding to qualified job seekers and employers.
• Incumbent Worker Training Grants
• Organizational Engagement Survey
• State of Talent Conference
A Suncoast based business accelerator. It supports the regional entrepreneurial community with flexible and affordable workspace, tech-centric tools, and skill development resources.