The Florida Workforce System connects employers with qualified, skilled talent and Floridians with employment and career development opportunities to achieve economic prosperity.
CareerSource Florida is the statewide workforce policy and investment board of business and government leaders charged with guiding workforce development for the state of Florida. CareerSource Florida provides oversight and policy direction for talent development programs administered by the Department of Economic Opportunity, Florida’s 24 local workforce development boards and their 100 career centers. Together, the CareerSource Florida network connects employers with qualified, skilled talent and Floridians with employment and career development opportunities to achieve economic prosperity. As a recognized leader in Florida’s talent ecosystem, the CareerSource Florida network is committed to addressing the talent needs of today and tomorrow. Last year, the network assisted nearly 86,500 job seekers, including more than 4,100 veterans, and provided services to more than 50,700 businesses.
CareerSource Florida helps Floridians find careers in every industry. Whether you’re looking for a job, making a strategic career move, or building your own business, CareerSource Florida can help you reach your goal at no cost to you. Our local career centers are here, and we’ve enhanced our ability to support you online, on the phone and by appointment as available.
• Job Search – Explore opportunities based on location, wage, industry, and education.
• Training and Education – Upgrade your skills and training to stand out from the competition.
• Workshops – Learn career advancement tips from our employment specialists.
• Career Fairs – Directly contact multiple employers who have specific and immediate needs.
Whether your business needs help recruiting specialized talent, hiring new team members, training existing employees, or all three, CareerSource Florida can help. Our team of business and economic development professionals can offer expertise, funding and resources – including labor market data – to help businesses succeed.
RECRUIT AND HIRE
Our network of workforce professionals can assist with or oversee your recruiting and hiring needs through virtual career fairs, candidate screening, hiring events and more.
• We’ve built a successful track record of finding top applicants to match specific business needs, from entry level to experienced workers.
• We offer access to assistance statewide plus strong local partnerships in all 67 counties in Florida.
• We can provide physical resources like office space for in-person interviews and video conferencing technology for remote interviews.
• We supply customized labor market data (wage trends, talent production sources, etc.) to help drive informed business decisions.
Quick Response Training and Incumbent Worker Training grants provide funds to new, expanding and existing businesses to train new hires and elevate the skills of existing employees.
• Quick Response Training (QRT) grants, administered by CareerSource Florida, provide funding for customized training to new or expanding businesses. Through this customer-driven program, Florida is able to effectively retain and attract businesses creating new high-quality jobs. The grants are structured to be flexible and “respond quickly” to meet the business’s training objectives. Since 1993, Quick Response Training has helped about 197,500 Floridians receive customized, skills-based training.
• Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) grants provide funding for customized training to existing for-profit businesses. Through this grant, Florida is able to effectively retain businesses and help them stay competitive by supporting skills-upgrade training for existing full-time employees. The Incumbent Worker Training grant program has supported customized training for nearly 3,000 Florida companies, many of them small businesses.