1945 Fruitville Rd Sarasota Florida 34236 United States
MISSION CareerEdge Funders Collaborative’s mission is to provide an exceptional labor force to the region’s growing industries by leveraging community assets and forming high-performing workforce partnerships.
DESCRIPTION CareerEdge Funders Collaborative, a workforce development program of The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, strives to understand employer needs. It designs programs and funding opportunities to address workforce needs fueling economic growth in our region. Target industries include healthcare, manufacturing, skilled trades, automotive, and insurance. CareerEdge was designed to work on both sides of the labor market– the demand side and the supply side– as well as among intermediary organizations, such as higher education institutions, to fuel the pipeline of skilled labor needed by the region’s employers. Two of the most tangible goals are to help low-skill/low wage workers advance into higher-skill/higher- wage careers, while providing employers with the skilled workers they need to accelerate growth.
SERVICES/PROGRAMS CareerEdge funders Collaborative uses a formal process to develop its partnership strategy by:
• Drawing on labor market information and other economic insight.
• Engaging key stakeholders in the region.
• Identifying the industry sector that has employment and advancement for workers in our region.
• Generating system change by having a well-articulated strategy for generating change in public policy.
• Serving under-employed and middle skilled individuals by creating upward mobility opportunities.