In 2015 EDC and Ringling College collaborated to celebrate innovation and creativity in product design. Nominations are collected via survey. Submissions are evaluated by panel consisting of EDC selection committee board and Dr. Larry Thompson.
The EDC of Sarasota County and Ringling College of Art and Design are pleased to collaborate for the Sixth Annual Ringling College Innovation by Creative Design Award.
This award recognizes a business for an innovative product or service that demonstrates a creative design solution and has achieved market success. Entries are judged on the quality of their design process and evidence of market success and/or business impact.
Qualifications for nominations are as follows:
- Self-nominations are welcome.
- Nominated organization must be a profit or nonprofit business or organization located in Sarasota County.
- The specific product or service of the applicant must have been developed in the last five years.
- The product or service must be available in the marketplace and have demonstrated financial success.
- EDC board members/staff are not eligible for nomination.
- All application information must be verifiable and accurate.
Application deadline: October 30, 2020 at noon.
2020 award winner will be announced at the EDC Post Election Economic Outlook Live Webcast Event on Friday December 4th. Event registration to follow in early November.
Good luck and thank you for your participation!
Note: If you have any questions regarding the nomination form, please contact Kate Atkin at [email protected] or 941.309.1200 x102
Online application form: https://form.jotform.com/202787375901159
Past Award Winners Include:
2015 – Osprey Biotechnics: probiotics designed to replace the use of antibiotics for weight gain in poultry farming.
2016 – Penta5: MosquitoPaQ, a non-toxic and environmentally friendly approach to protecting against mosquito bites.
2017 – Cruise Car: Cruise Car builds specialty electric golf carts and utility vehicles with renewable energy capabilities.
2018 – Dealers United: Facebook Inventory + VIN Lead Ads that assists dealers in assessing shopper data.
2019 – EcoClear Products: Development of effective pesticide products on the market safe for children, pets, and wildlife.