Real Estate Overview Committee
To monitor the availability of office space, industrial buildings and sites in Sarasota County to meet the current and future needs of expanding and relocating targeted industry companies.
1. To inventory available office space on a quarterly basis and to report on vacancy rates, absorption rates, market conditions/trends, new product development and other issues of critical importance.
2. To inventory industrial buildings and sites on a quarterly basis and report on availability, market conditions/trends, new product development and other issues of critical importance.
3. To study the future needs for office and industrial sites in Sarasota County and make recommendations to the EDC Board and the Tourism and Economic Development Board.
4. To identify barriers to the development of office and industrial sites in Sarasota County and advise the EDC Board and the Tourism and Economic Development Board on ways to mitigate or remove those barriers.
5. To monitor the percentage of Sarasota County’s tax base that is commercial/industrial and report to the EDC Board on an annual basis.
Any EDC Investors or board member as chosen by the Committee Chairman. Chairman is a commercial realtor actively working in Sarasota County.
Brian Kennelly, Chair
Scott Rimmer, Vice President Business Development